Sunday, June 28, 2015

I can tell you personally, but so can many of my former students...I aim to be an open-minded woman. But I am excited this weekend to see the SCOTUS decision about marriage in the states.

I was born and bred Catholic, and have a deep respect for the Christianity the infuses my upbringing and formed who I am as a human being.

I simply wish to have here, as a statement for ME as a representative of the Television Department, that we celebrate the recent Supreme Court decision as a movement forward in acceptance of our students' ability to embrace the full spectrum of creativity that is available to them. We may not all agree on the specifics of life and living, but if we can agree to respect each other and support each other as artistic professionals, then we will have moved our "world" forward "just enough."




No comments:

Post a Comment